We understand that selecting the right college and the right course can be a daunting task, but here at Warrington & Vale Royal College we want to help you find the course that is the best fit for you. The course that best prepares you for your future, whatever that might be.
Here are our top 10 tips on what to consider when choosing a college and course.
- What subjects at school to you currently enjoy?
- Have you thought about what career you would like to follow in the future?
- What type of things do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Could any of your hobbies or interests guide you towards a particular subject?
- Do you prefer to work in a classroom setting or do you prefer to learn by getting hands-on and doing?
- Would you like to specialise in one subject or would you prefer to study 3 or 4 subjects at the same time?
- Would you like to study a course that provides work experience opportunities?
- Do you want to be able to access industry standard facilities as part of your studies?
- Consider how you will travel to and from your chosen college.
- Would an apprenticeship be a good route of study for you to consider?
- Would you like to have access to trips and visits as part of your chosen subject?
What should I do next?
Here at Warrington & Vale Royal College we are extremely proud of the extensive selection of subjects and courses we have on offer. So when considering which course might be right for you we suggest you follow the following steps:
- Visit our ‘Course Search’ page to take a look at the subjects we have on offer.
- Attend one of our upcoming Open Events – this will be a great opportunity to meet some of the subject tutors, see our industry standard facilities, ask more about the subjects that interest you and get a real feel for what the college life is like.
- Once you have identified one or more subjects that you would like to study with us, then submitting an application is simple. You can apply online or complete a paper copy of our application form and return it to us. Once we receive it we will invite you to attend an interview where we talk through your subject of choice and ensure it is a good fit for you.
Throughout the academic year our school engagement team will be visiting your school to deliver assemblies, attend careers fairs and parents evenings and lots more. So if you have a question, don’t be shy, speak to them and ask for their advice. They are there to help you.