Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for financial support including the Higher Education Financial Assistance Fund. Our Guidance and Welfare team can provide you with advice on loans and discuss with you any financial concerns you might have.
Higher Education Finance
All of our HNC/HND programmes are eligible for a Higher Education Loan, which you only start to repay once you are earning over £25,000.
Tuition Fee Loans
Eligible students studying for their first undergraduate course can apply for a tuition fee loan; this will cover the cost of the course.
All full time students can apply for a maintenance loan to help with living and study costs. The amount of support students receive is dependent on the household income.
- Up to £8,944 per year is available for those who live away from home
- Up to £7,529 per year in available for students who live with their parents
All students regardless of their level of household income can receive a basic maintenance loan.
Depending on your circumstances you may be entitled to a:
- Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) – This is a grant to help meet extra course costs which students can face as a result of a disability.
- Childcare Grant to help with childcare costs
- Parents Learning Allowance/Dependents Grant – You may qualify for additional grants if you have children or adult dependents.
Further information on loans and how to apply visit www.gov.uk/student-finance
Higher Education Financial Assistance Fund
We have support available for higher education (HE) students who are in financial hardship and need extra financial support that allows them to remain in higher education. The financial assistance fund may be able to help you with an unexpected financial crisis as well as intervene if you are considering leaving your higher education studies, due to financial hardship. If you require further information, click here to download an information and application form.