Reference Code: J5/18
Salary: £31,659 p.a
Hours (p.w.): 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 05 February 2018
Download: Health Safety Officer JD (.DOC 56 KB)
A Health and Safety Officer is required by Warrington & Vale Royal College, to develop, maintain and protect Health and Safety standards at the College, in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and promote a positive health and safety culture at all College campuses.
The role will include:
- Providing active leadership and direction of Health and Safety in all aspects of the College’s work.
- Co-ordinate the development of Health and Safety policies and procedures, including Prevent and Critical Incident Management.
- Co-ordinating and facilitating contacts with external agencies and enforcing authorities.
- Leading on the work of the Health and Safety Committee, Working Parties and Groups.
- Ensure a safe environment for all learners, staff and visitors.
You will have a minimum of the NEBOSH certificate along with a successful track record of leading Health and Safety. Excellent communication and problem solving skills will be evident and experience of working in an educational environment would be desirable.
Please note: some weekend/evening work may be required.
Interviews to take place on 14 February 2018.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that it is college policy that referees of short-listed candidates will automatically be approached prior to interview. One reference should be from your current or most recent employer.
The College operates on 3 campuses – Warrington, Hartford and Winsford.
`Warrington & Vale Royal College is committed to Equal Opportunities and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our learners’