Image of Mid Cheshire College building

Domestic Gas

This course is designed for those who have already gained a qualification or have experience of working in the Gas industry. The Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) is the industry recognised route for Gas engineers. By completing this course you will gain a formal qualification allowing you to become a member of the Gas Safe Register.

* As from the 1st October 2018 if you are adding additional elements to your qualifications you will be required to undertake additional training at a further cost.

What will you study?

Assessments available are:

CCN1 – Core Domestic Gas Safety.   CKR1 –Cookers.    HTR1 – Fires & Wall Heaters.

CENWAT1 – Boilers & Water Heaters.    MET1 – Meters up to 6m3.

CPA1 – Combustion Performance Analysis.

For advice regarding the modules required to cover the work activities of an individual, contact our gas centre for further information.


Entry requirements

There are different entry requirements depending on the route you want to take. You will need to provide evidence of your qualification for these courses.

As an already qualified gas engineer looking to renew your CCN1 and/or Appliances or looking to add Appliances, you must provide the following:

Your National Insurance number
2 recent colour photographs
Expiring Certificates

If your ACS certificates have expired, you must re-sit the ACS Assessments within 12 months of the expiry date to qualify you for Reassessment.

If the date of your certificate expiry is more than 12 months ago then you will be required to sit an “Initial Assessment”.

To enrol onto the course or to find out more information, please contact David Fitzpatrick on 01925 494472.