“Hi, I’m Beverley, I am the Enrichment Co-ordinator here at Warrington & Vale Royal College.
I work within the Active You Team. It’s our job to make sure that students have access to the best opportunities so that we can help you enjoy college life. We want all of our students to be able to fully embrace their time at college and get involved in new and old interests whilst having fun, making friends, developing new skills and making yourselves more employable. Throughout the academic year Active You plan and deliver a diverse range of fun, relaxed sessions for students to take part in.
Our students get involved in:
- Fundraising activities throughout the year including the Poppy Appeal and Children in Need
- Sporting activities students can also take part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Regional and national competitions, such as representing the college in one of our sports teams
- Outdoor activities ranging from high ropes to day walks
- Residential or day trips that form part of your course
- Volunteering opportunities to hep you develop personal and employability skill
- Overseas visits to near and far helping you to get a feel for your chosen career in new environments whilst learning about new cultures.
If ever you need a break from studying, students can relax in The Crescent or join us for a quick game of table tennis between lessons or challenge your friends on the latest games console. We hope that all of the activities w run will enable you to socialise outside of your classes and help you to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Activities take place all year round and are designed to help you with your studies whilst allowing you to have fun and feel relaxed.
We also allow all students free access to out Fitness Suites across our campuses that are equipped with up to date equipment. You will need to take part in a gym induction first, please speak to a gym instructor or further information.