If you need career or study advice, our dedicated careers team are here to help.
Are you exploring your career or study options, writing or checking your CV, preparing for interview, applying for university, finding out how or where to apply for jobs or apprenticeships? The college Careers Service are here to help you.
- Help to explore your career or study options
- Support with CV writing or updating your CV
- Useful tips and techniques for job and university interviews
- University application support
- Help and support with job and apprenticeship opportunities
We are based in Learner Services and provide a drop in service or you can book an appointment.
We arrange careers fairs throughout the year for students, with a variety of employers, universities and other organisations attending. You can find out more about work placements and work related activity here.
Careers Education Programme
Our nominated Careers Leader is Karen Wray. Careers Leaders have responsibility for the delivery of a cross-college careers programme. They should be ensuring, among other things, that:
- The role involves leading the team, planning and managing careers provision and working with local employers, providers, and education establishments.
- The college has a good careers programme that meets the expectations set out in the Gatsby Benchmarks by 2020.
- The destinations of young people from the school are tracked and that this information is used to improve the effectiveness of the careers programme.
We have exciting plans for students enrolling in September 2018 so watch this space to see a full outline of the Careers Education Programme – coming soon!